Never Let A Clock Tell You What You've Got Time For


 Positivity. It's overrated. 


Well, not positivity itself. 



I will explain in a minute. 

Just let me tell you about some stuff first. 


The Almighty Fontaines D.C with Murray & a fat guy

Before I start moaning about life and people. I want to be a wee bit nice. for once. It's not like me but it's worth it. 

The world opened up again in August and things have been slowly approaching normal for lots of people, including me. The thing with that is I wasn't ready. I missed a couple of gigs (three actually) two cos I wasn't ready and one cos of work but I wasn't ready for that one either - King Tuts - a sold out King Tuts just filled me with all sorts of dread. So I never went to those gigs. On the other hand, I went to four other gigs...

Teenage Fanclub, Manic Street Preachers, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott and then, the aforementioned Fontaines D.C, hereby known as the best gig at the Barrowlands ballroom since the roaring 90's. 

Was it the roaring 90's or the swinging 90's? I don't remember. Neither 


But I had a mixture of emotions at the gigs I went to. I totally didn't want to go to the Teenage Fanclub gig but since I had already missed a gig due to apprehension over large crowds, I made myself go. The band were, as the always are, fantastic. I just hated the experience. And it wasn't even close to being as busy as it can get in there. I 100% wanted to go see the Manics. Because the Manics are one of the greatest British bands to come out of the 1990's and I love them. It was really busy but I stood to the side (in a place now to be known as the usual spot) and they were incredible. 20 songs. No fucking about. classic.

PH & JA (as I like to call them, they still call me Sammy though) was a mixture of the Housemartins, the Beautiful South and their own albums. So that was outstandingly good, you don't need me to tell you that, do you?

And then there was the last one... 

Just an experience that I can say I was there for. They blew the famous Barrowlands away. But it was so busy it was tough to venture away from the usual spot.  I am glad I went though because bands like that are what venues like that were made for.
 
See... Life ain't always empty.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Believe Myself. Yet

The Trouble With Me

Wait... Let Me Explain