I Know What I Am



Daily struggles between getting better and resisting being better. 


For every day that goes by, where I tell myself I need to snap out of it. Get the walking shoes on, actually leave the house. Be a productive member of society. For all of that... There are a million thoughts of why not. From comforting myself to downright lies. Just not for me this exercise and healthy living patter.

Quite aside from the physical health benefits of getting out and exercising, which I am pretty much at a point where it's going to be medically necessary. I know, as I am sure everyone does, that mentally I will be so much better off but, as I say, I know what I am.

Hypocrisy is a pretty stupid thing, regardless of the form it takes. My own particular hypocritical behaviour is only bad for me. If you asked me for any advice on fitness regimes, or weight loss, I wouldn't try to pretend I know an awful lot but I can point you at loads of resources for help with anything from changing eating habits to training for a marathon and lots of things in between. You would think with resources available, I would at least have a start on helping myself. I don't listen. I know I do this, which would infuriate anyone trying to help, I will absolutely resist any goodwill or offers of guidance. 

Why? I don't need help. But if I don't need help, why can't I get it together myself? 

Even though I need to, I don't want to. 

Before another post descends into self pity, let me make my point. I am not going to be a hypocrite. 


I need to be this guy again (on the right)

Tomorrow I will make a start on doing what I need to do. I will create time to get some exercise, even if it's only 15-20 mins. 

I will take small steps. 

I will make small changes. 

I will get back on track. 

Maybe not marathon ready but certainly walk to the shops ready. It's time to change


Frankfurt 2013. Biggest physical achievement     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Believe Myself. Yet

Wait... Let Me Explain

The Trouble With Me