Time to Pretend


 Don’t Bottle Things Up


Sometimes when I’m tired I feel anxious. Every time I am anxious I get really very tired. Anxiety and stress have been part of my life for 10 years now (well, to the extent they have an impact on my life). Usually I know why that is and because of that I sort of know what needs to be done to ease or relieve the feelings. For the last week or so I have been really anxious off and on and I really can’t offer reasons or explanations. That’s saw me doing something that I know I shouldn’t. That anyone who suffers or has supported a sufferer will tell you is a massive red flag. 

I’m pretending that it’s not happening. 

Every source of knowledge on any mental health issue will tell you that it does no good to bottle things up and keep to yourself. The best solution is always to talk to someone. Share any fears and problems.  So what I’m doing is stupid isn’t it?

So let this be a precautionary notice. 

When you’re as low as you get and you don’t know how to get back into a better mood. Talk. Talk to anyone. A stranger if you can’t talk to friends. Go a walk and talk about anything and everything. Even if you can’t work through whatever your problem is you can lift your mood. Make yourself feel a bit better. 

Then... maybe things become clearer. Maybe they don’t and you need to work things out more. It’s hard to say really. But just talking  to someone will always help. 

Even if that someone is a blog that nobody reads. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Believe Myself. Yet

Wait... Let Me Explain

The Trouble With Me